samedi 23 février 2008

my doctor is a robot

A very important part of robotic for me is concerning the medical part, surgery especially. When I was making some research for Electrumcorpus, I had interview with differents surgeons. One was very interesting for me because I was developping tools for the robot he was working with on heart operations. Surgery is a broad category of invasive medical treatment that involves cutting of a body. Before the robot, surgeons used to say " Great surgeon, great scare", now a small hole is enough, thank's to the robot and it's non ego. Human created the machine, the machine is repairing the human. Maybe it is a moment of real conversation between two types of machines in a way. The more we accept the fact of depending on robots, the more flesh will just be consider as a past structure. I believe we are very close to the step, not only repairing but definitively replacing human physical fonctions to achieve humanoid vision.

Aucun commentaire: